It’s almost time for a brand new batch of bakers and a fresh run of The Great British Bake Off on Channel 4.
Last year saw Ruby Bhogal, Kim-Joy and Rahul Mandal battle it out in the final, with Rahul emerging victorious.
So, when is the official Great British Bake Off 2019 air date? And can you still apply for the show?
- How to watch Roma – The critically-acclaimed masterpiece with three Academy Awards
- Meet the families who will feature on Gogglebox 2019
- Five things you didn’t know about E4’s Celebs Go Dating agent Paul Brunson
When does Great British Bake Off Start?
August 2019 is the start date for The Great British Bake Off this year.
The show will be returning to Channel 4.
From the look of previous years, the baking competition will probably run until October 2019.
Can You Still Apply?
Unfortunately, applications are now closed for 2019.
According to the Great British Bake Off website if you haven’t heard back from them by Friday 22nd February 2019 then your application hasn’t been successful.
Who Will Judge the Bake Off in 2019?
For the 2019 show, the judges are set to remain the same.
Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith are set to judge Bake Off 2019.
In 2016, Mary Berry left as a judge when the TV show moved from BBC One to Channel 4.
The presenters also changed from Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc in 2016 to Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig who will also host the 2019 show.
- Why is Oscar Best Picture winner Green Book facing criticism?
- How to apply for The Greatest Dancer series 2: Closing date, casting rules and more
- Is Noel Fielding Married? All you need to know about the GBBO host
WATCH THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF FROM AUGUST 2019 ON CHANNEL 4