Christmas is around the corner and it’s time for you to try Marcus Wareing’s honeycomb puddings. Here’s a step by step guide.
Marcus Wareing’s honeycomb has been around for a minute now, but it wasn’t until last night’s MasterChef: The Professionals that people were reminded how yummy the simple honeycomb puddings are.
Marcus Wareing is an English celebrity chef who was Gordon Ramsay’s sous chef and protégé for 15 years and now owns a Michelin-starred restaurant in Knightsbridge.
He has been a judge on MasterChef: The Professionals, alongside Monica Galetti, since 2014.
Marcus Wareing’s honeycomb puddings recipe
Last night he shared his honeycomb pudding recipe and it was mouth-watering.
If you feel like baking a delicious treat to yourself or your loved ones, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a step by step guide to the recipe.
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g caster sugar and a tbsp extra
- 2 eggs
- 75g butter and extra for greasing
- 40g golden syrup
- 2 x 40 g chocolate covered honeycomb bars, roughly chopped cocoa powder, to dust
- Crème fraiche or ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Slightly butter four ramekins and sprinkle them evenly with the tablespoon of caster sugar.
- Put the eggs and the 40g of caster sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Melt 75g of butter with the golden syrup in a pan, stir it into the eggs and sugar and fold in the flour and the baking powder.
- Put a large spoonful of the pudding mixture you just made, into the bottom of the ramekins.
- Sprinkle the chopped honeycomb on top and finish by spooning the remaining pudding mix over the honeycomb. Smooth the surface with a knife.
- Bake the pudding for 15 minutes, until they are puff and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave the puddings to rest for a couple minute, before dusting with cocoa powder.
- Serve the honeycomb puddings with a spoonful of crème fraiche or ice cream.
Well done! If you made this successfully, you should consider joining the next series of MasterChef!