Magnolia Network dropped the series this year and fans were taken in by the beautiful scenery surrounding the farm, now they wish to know where it was filmed.
Growing Floret was greenlit by former ‘Fixer Upper’ (2013-2018) stars Joanna and Chip Gains, who now have a network of their own named ‘Magnolia’. Under its joint venture with Discovery, the new series was shown on Discovery+.
The series shows Erin and Chris Benzakein, a couple who have spent a good part of 10 years dedicated to running their family business named Floret Farms, where they purchase, rehabilitate and expand on lands.
So, where is the series filmed?
- THE HILLS: Who is Justin Brecias father in real life?
Where is Growing Floret filmed?
- The series is filmed in Skagit River, which is where the farm is based, in is a rural area, situated in the state of Washington, USA.
As the docuseries is farm-based, filming took place in one location. Skagit Valley is between Seattle, Vancouver, San Juan Islands and North Cascade National Park.
Their farm is now 24 acres but started off as 2 acres. Writing, filming and converting their workshop situated on the farm, took one whole year, beginning in 2019.
Before working and filming on the farm, Chris and Erin had resided in West Seattle and later moved to Mount Vernon. (The farm is not currently open to the public)
On the official website for ‘Floret Flowers’ the couples company and farm name, they state “our fields are bursting with flowers that reflect the season, from fragrant sweet peas in the spring to magnificent dinner plate dahlias in the fall and countless varieties in between.”.
- DR PIMPLE POPPER: What happened to Roger with Rhinophyma?
How can fans watch the series?
Fans can catch up on all episodes of Growing Floret on Discovery+ in the USA and some regions. Subscriptions cost $4.99 a month.
For fans in the UK, Discovery+ is available to Sky users with 12 months free* to Sky Q and Vodaphone pay monthly customers.
The first episode is also available on Amazon Prime Video, which at the time of writing offers a 7-day-free trial for Discovery Channel. After this, it will cost £4.99 a month.
There are 4 episodes in total, at the time of writing this article.
- LOVE ISLAND: Meet the USA series narrator Matthew Hoffman!
Similar series you may enjoy…
Should fans wish to watch titles similar to Growing Floret, here are some of the most popular series:
- Clarkson’s Farm (2021) – Jeremy Clarkson knows nothing about farming but has invested in land and now has to learn everything from the ground up before his new farming venture goes under.
- The Biggest Little Farm (2018) A husband and wife work to develop a sustainable 200-acre farm outside of L.A.
- Kiss the Ground (2020) – a bunch of activists from different groups come together to take part in ‘Regenerative Agriculture’.
- Food Inc. (2008) – An insight to America’s corporate food industry.
Fans can see more documentaries on farming, here.