Earlier in the year, three recruits – Milo, Lou and Mark – braved it through the brutal 10-day military-style camp, winning season 4 of the regular SAS: Who Dares Wins competition.
Whether you were inspired by their achievements and want to apply for the next season yourself, here’s everything you need to know about SAS: Who Dares Wins season 5.
- SAS: Who Dares Wins winner: Who is recruit 6 Mark?
- TOWIE: Everything you need to know about Yazmin Oukhellou
- Wayne Bridge deserves more than winning Celebrity SAS – deserves his own show!
SAS: Who Dares Wins – Season 5 start date
The last two seasons of SAS: Who Dares Wins have aired in January.
We imagine that Channel 4 will stick with the same winning formula, and season 5 will launch during the first week of 2020.
However, this could change due to filming. Series 4 changed location to the Andes Mountains in Chile, with filming scheduled to ensure that recruits were tested in the most severe conditions available.
The start date is likely to depend on the location.
Apply for SAS: Who Dares Wins season 5!
Changes in the 2019 season meant that both males and females can apply for the show.
However, there is a tough criterion to meet…
— Catherine McMullan (@Fronnn) February 2, 2019
Half tempted to apply to go on SAS who dares wins
— James Green (@JamesGreeners) February 10, 2019
I’m gonna apply for the SAS
Who Dares Wins in the future
— georgia (@itsnotafedora) January 8, 2019
Who Dares Wins application criteria
There are certain requirements that you are expected to meet before pressing ahead with your application.
The rules are as follows:
- You must be between the ages of 18-44
- You must be a British Citizen, Irish Republic Citizen, British Commonwealth Citizen or hold dual nationality with one of the afore-mentioned
- If you are a British Commonwealth Citizen you must have legitimately resided int he UK for a period of 5 years immediately prior to applying to be on the show
- Must be at least 158cm (5.1”) tall and weigh at last 50kg (8 stone)
- You must not be serving in the armed forces
- You must be in peak physical and mental health.
On top of this, there are several interview stages before the 25-hand-picked recruits are selected.
This includes various fitness tests, which you must pass.
- Press-ups – a minimum of 44 in two minutes
- Sit-ups – a minimum of 50 in two minutes
- Static jump onto a platform 1.45m high.
- Jerry can test – carry two 20kg weights over a distance of 120m in two minutes.
- A Beep test with the level of 10.1 (1.5 mile run in 9 minutes 30 seconds).
SAS: Who Dares Wins Season 5 – Cast
Ant Middleton should be leading the show for 2020 with Billy, Ollie and Jason Fox by his side.
Find out more about the SAS instructors below!