The first-ever series of Celebrity SAS recently came to a close, with Wayne Bridge emerging victorious.
Earlier in the year, three recruits – Milo, Lou and Mark – braved it through the brutal 10-day military-style camp, winning season 4 of the regular SAS: Who Dares Wins competition.
Whether you were inspired by their achievements and want to apply for the next season yourself, here’s everything you need to know about SAS: Who Dares Wins season 5.
SAS: Who Dares Wins – Season 5 start date
The last two seasons of SAS: Who Dares Wins have aired in January.
And Channel 4 is sticking with the same winning formula, with season 5 launching on Sunday, January 5th 2020.
The filming location is different again in series 5 though, with the recruits having to endure the weather of Scotland on a remote Scottish Island!
- GET READY: SAS: Who Dares Wins – season 5 start date, location and instructors
Apply for SAS: Who Dares Wins season 5!
Changes in the 2019 season meant that both males and females can apply for the show.
However, there is a tough criterion to meet…
Who Dares Wins application criteria
There are certain requirements that you are expected to meet before pressing ahead with your application.
The rules are as follows:
- You must be between the ages of 18-44
- You must be a British Citizen, Irish Republic Citizen, British Commonwealth Citizen or hold dual nationality with one of the afore-mentioned
- If you are a British Commonwealth Citizen you must have legitimately resided int he UK for a period of 5 years immediately prior to applying to be on the show
- Must be at least 158cm (5.1”) tall and weigh at last 50kg (8 stone)
- You must not be serving in the armed forces
- You must be in peak physical and mental health.
On top of this, there are several interview stages before the 25-hand-picked recruits are selected.
This includes various fitness tests, which you must pass.
- Press-ups – a minimum of 44 in two minutes
- Sit-ups – a minimum of 50 in two minutes
- Static jump onto a platform 1.45m high.
- Jerry can test – carry two 20kg weights over a distance of 120m in two minutes.
- A Beep test with the level of 10.1 (1.5 mile run in 9 minutes 30 seconds).
SAS: Who Dares Wins Season 5 – Cast
Ant Middleton is leading the show for 2020 with Billy, Ollie and Jason Fox by his side.
Find out more about the SAS instructors below!
- TOUGH TERRAIN: SAS Who Dares Wins 2019 LOCATION – Where is season 4 filmed?