As far as diets go, eating nothing but Italian foods sounds something like a dream.
Channel 4 series How to Lose Weight Well has brought a range of inventive and interesting diets to our attention.
However, most of them have centered around eating nothing but cabbage, swapping meals for grotesque looking juices or eating just one meal per day.
Then there’s the Italian diet, which features spaghetti, penne, rigatoni, linguine and more. Here’s how you can do it!
- Who is How to Lose Weight Well CHEF Stacie Stewart?
- A complete guide to the Channel 4 DIET PLANS from How to Lose Weight Well!
- How to do the SUPERFOOD diet from How to Lose Weight Well 2019!
What is the Italian Diet?
The Italian diet, also known as the Mamma Mia Diet, was created by Italian scientist Paolo Lovisetti Scamihorn.
The weight loss plan claims that you can eat pasta and lose weight at the same time.
However, the focus is on freshly made Mediterranean food with lots of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and whole grains.
So that doesn’t mean a super creamy carbonara or extra cheesy lasagne!
How to Do the Italian Diet!
The diet is pretty simple, with few rules to follow.
Essentially, you have to ensure that all of your meals are freshly cooked, with fresh, natural ingredients. The good part is that you can also enjoy one glass of wine per day on this diet.
Here’s a meal example:
- Spaghetti with fresh basil and a tomato sauce made from real tomatoes (not tinned toms or a pre-made sauce)
- Italian salad (lettuce, olives, carrot, capers)
- 1x small glass of red wine
Full recipes and guidelines are in the Mamma Mia Diet book, which can be purchased from Amazon here. The Kindle edition is just £1.49!
Mamma Mia Diet Results
How to Lose Weight Well 2019 saw Michelle take on the Italian Diet for four months in total.
She started the diet at 15 stone 3lbs but finished the diet at 13 stone 8lbs.
That’s a weight loss of 1 stone 9lbs!
- Who is The Sex Clinic host Sarah Mulindwa?
- The Only Way is Essex – The 7 stages of Arg putting on WEIGHT!
- Opinion: Is Channel 4 series Hunted fake?
WATCH HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WELL EVERY MONDAY NIGHT ON CHANNEL 4, AT 8 PM.