US game show Jeopardy! has been running since 1964. Over the years, the show has hosted college tournaments in its history and new a Jeopardy! championship is set to take place in 2022.
Jeopardy! is back in 2022 but not as viewers have seen the show before. A brand new series – Jeopardy! National College Championship – kicks off from Tuesday, February 8th 2022. The show is made up of nine hour-long episodes which will air on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 8 pm ET.
So, let’s find out more about the Jeopardy! National College Championship contestants.
What is The Jeopardy! National College Championship?
Mayim Bialik is hosting the first-ever Jeopardy! National College Championship from Tuesday, February 8th, 2022.
There are 36 students partaking in the championships representing schools from all over the USA.
The students have won thousands of NCAA Championships but none of them have won a Jeopardy! National College Championship – yet!
- NO WAY: What is the highest losing score on Jeopardy?
Meet the Jeopardy! National College Championship contestants
As per ABC7 Chicago: “More than 26,000 college students at more than 4,000 schools” applied to be on the Jeopardy! National College Championship. However, only 36 made it through and are set to appear on the show.
Game 1 aired on Tuesday, February 8th 2022 and featured quarterfinalists, Catherine Zhang from Cornell University, Darmouth’s Gus Guszkowski and Stanford’s Isaac Applebaum.
Game 2 featured Jasmine Manansala from Rice University, Princeton University’s Ella Feiner and Stephen Privat of Louisiana State University.
Jeopardy! National College Championship: Episodes 2 and 3
The Jeopardy! National College Championship episodes 2 and 3 will feature the following students:
- Toussaint Pegues – Caltech
- Emmey Harris – University of Minnesota
- Mehek Boparai – University of Pennsylvania
- Yejun Kim – Northwestern University
- Mitch Macek – Villanova University
- Joey Kornman – Brandeis University
- Pauline Bisaccio – Clemson University
- Chance Persons – Creighton University
- Neha Seshadri – Harvard University
- Lauren Rodriguez – Pomona College
- Matt Downing – University of Notre Dame
- Elijah Odunade – University of Georgia
Jeopardy! National College Championship: Episodes 4, 5 and 6
Episodes 4, 5 and 6 of the Championship will feature the following 18 students:
- Jess Agyepong – Howard University
- Liz Feltner – Northeastern University
- Kaden Lee – University of Washington
- Jaskaran Singh – Universtity of Texas
- Max Niles – Brown University
- Sarah Salisbury – University of Southern California
- Lucy Greenman – College of William and Mary
- Raymond Goslow – Kennesaw State University
- Jeric Brual – New York University
- Sebastian Torres – Yale University
- Anna Multhalaly – Duke University
- Kristin Donegan – Carnegie Mellow University
- Fiona Hellerman – Tulane University
- Nam Vu – Georgetown University
- Claire Jackson – Spelman College
- Sam Blum – Vanderbilt University
- Aniket Dehadrai – Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Megan Sullivan – Univeresity of Virginia
Who made it to the semi-finals?
The first two contestants to make it through to the Jeopardy! National College Championship semi-finals were Stanford’s Isaac Applebaum and Stephen Privat of Louisiana State University.
At the time of writing, there are still 10 places left in the semifinals.
Three students will make it through to the finals in episode 9 which is set to air on February 22nd, 2022. Up for grabs on the show is a $250k prize and each student is guaranteed to leave with at least $10k.
- OMG: Who is the host of Jeopardy now and what is their salary?
WATCH THE JEOPARDY! NATIONAL COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIP FROM FEB 8TH AT 8/7C ON ABC